Monday, August 15, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

Over the course of the past 349 days (otherwise known as our time in Boston), Lola and I have experienced many rainy, snowy, sleet-y, and just plain wet days.  To entertain ourselves and keep my sanity intact, Lola and created a variety of rainy day games to play.  Being that today has been a very rainy day and Lola had LOTS of energy when I came home, I figured that for tonight's blog entry I would journal a few of her favorite yucky day activities.  

Our first activity is one of Lola's all-time favorites, even in nice weather.  It's called "Indoor Squirrel Watching".  With our couch in front of the bay windows, Lola is able to lay in one spot and hunt for squirrels in the back yard, see our landlord in the driveway, and watch all of the people, cars and cats passing down our street. When we open the windows, she can HEAR and SMELL them too!  

What!?  Where's the Squirrel?!?

A-ROOOO!  So exciting!

What was that sound?!

Peeping Lola
This picture nicely showcases her "Upside-Down Snowman" marking on her back, as well as her ability to lay on the back of a couch like a cat.  Not quite as gracefully though . . . 


Our second game tonight was "Save White Bear!"  Poor White Bear gets into many dangerous predicaments, and it's Lola's job to save her.  Tonight I played a monster trying to kidnap White Bear.  Just as my hand gets close, Lola rushes in and rips her away from my grasp. It's so intense! *wink, wink
Here I come . . .

Somehow White Bear also found herself hanging from a deadly cliff.  It was up to Lola to rescue her!
"I'll save you, White Bear!"

Our third and final game tonight was good old "Hide and Seek", in the basement.  Our basement is long, and the shelves in the middle help to make a loop to run around.  How this game works is I throw her ball to distract her, and then I hide behind something.  Sometimes she runs around 4 or 5 times before she finds me!  Although, she is starting to learn all of my tricks!

Where did you go?

Found you!

Screeeeeeech!
This is a picture of Lola running past (on her 2nd loop), finding me, and stepping on the breaks.  She gets so excited every time she finds me.  

One more time . . .

I can't lie, basement hide and seek cracks me up!  Sometimes she'll run upstairs and look for me and then come back down.  Then she finds me, wags her whole body and roars.  Plus, its a great way for her to get some running time without having to get soaked outside. 

Of course, my favorite rainy day activity is snuggling on the couch with my sleepy, worn out Lola and watching a movie, which is exactly what we are doing right now . . . Goodnight!

~ Crystal & Lola


  

No comments:

Post a Comment